Kudelski Security to Present on Automated Testing of Crypto Software at Black Hat USA 2017
CHESEAUX-SUR-LAUSANNE, Switzerland and PHOENIX, July 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Kudelski Security, the cybersecurity division within the Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) and trusted innovator for the world’s most security-conscious organizations, today announced that Jean-Philippe Aumasson, principal security engineer and Yolan Romailler, research engineer, will contribute their industry expertise in a session titled «Automated Testing of Crypto Software Using Differential Fuzzing.» The presentation takes place on Wednesday, July 26th in Las Vegas, Nevada at 2:40 pm PT at Black Hat USA 2017, again at 5:00 pm PT at BSides LV and a third time on Saturday, July 29th at 5:30 pm PT at DEF CON 25.
Experts from Kudelski Security will also dive into topics such as cloud security and orchestration, managed attacker deception, advanced threat intelligence, designing IoT security and cryptography during a series of Debriefing Sessions hosted at the Four Seasons Hotel.
Aumasson and Romailler’s presentation will focus on a new and efficient approach to systematic testing of cryptographic software: differential fuzzing. Unlike general purpose software fuzzing such as afl, differential fuzzing doesn’t aim to find memory corruption bugs (although they might come as a by-product), but to find logic bugs. Compared to test vectors, differential fuzzing provides greater code coverage and compared to formal verification, differential fuzzing is easier to apply, both for testers and developers. Aumasson and Romailler will present this session at both Black Hat and BSides LV. Romailler will also present it at Crypto & Privacy Village within DEF CON 25.
While at Black Hat 2017, Kudelski Security will also be hosting a Crypto Challenge, a series of after show Debriefs Sessions and a party at the House of Blues’ Foundation Room within Mandalay Bay. Details include:
- Crypto Challenge: For Black Hat, Kudelski Security launched a new crypto challenge which started on July 6th and ends on July 25th at the House of Blues party. Prizes include five ether for first place, three ether for second and two ether for third. Rankings are determined by the time of submission. More information, including instructions, are available at https://research.kudelskisecurity.com/2017/07/06/crypto-challenge-10-ether-of-prizes-2/
- Thought Leadership Dinner on Enterprise Threat Intel: Features CISO veteran, Tony Spinelli, and occurs Monday, July 24th from 7:00 – 9:00 pm PT at Aureole Restaurant, Mandalay Bay.
- Kudelski Security Debrief Sessions: Led by Kudelski Security experts, these take place from 4:00 – 6:00 pm PT (see schedule below) at the Four Seasons Hotel. Click here to RSVP.
- Sunday, July 23rd – «IoT Security; Cloud Protection and Orchestration.» These topics will be presented by Director of Research, Ryan Spanier and Chief Technology Officer, Andrew Howard.
- Monday, July 24th – «Managed Attacker Deception.» Vice President, Global Managed Services, Alton Kizziah, will lead a discussion on honey pots versus attacker deception technology. He is joined by MSS Lead Architect, Francisco Donoso, who worked on WannaCry response and will «unpack» what the June 22nd NSA disclosure means for the security community.
- Tuesday, July 25th – «Cryptography.» Jean-Philippe Aumasson and Yolan Romailler will precede their official Black Hat and BSidesLV presentations (taking place Wed. July 26th, 2:40 pm PT and 5:00 pm PT) with a discussion on cryptography trends of note and an open Q&A session.
- Wednesday, July 26th – «Threat Intel.» Managing Director of Global Threat Intelligence, James Pleger, will share a comprehensive approach to threat intel based on the latest developments and personal experiences.
- Kudelski Security Anniversary Bash: Join Kudelski Security, clients and key partners at the House of Blues Foundation Room, Mandalay Bay, Tuesday, July 25th, 6:00 – 9:00 pm PT. Attendees will have a chance to win crypto currency. Click here to RSVP.
Media and analysts interested in meeting with Kudelski executives at the show should contact [email protected].
About Kudelski Security
Kudelski Security is the premier advisor and cybersecurity innovator for today’s most security-conscious organizations. Our long-term approach to client partnerships enables us to continuously evaluate their security posture to recommend solutions that reduce business risk, maintain compliance and increase overall security effectiveness. With clients that include Fortune 500 enterprises and government organizations in Europe and across the United States, we address the most complex environments through an unparalleled set of solution capabilities including consulting, technology, managed security services and custom innovation. For more information, visit www.kudelskisecurity.com.
John Van Blaricum
Vice President, Global Marketing
+1 650 966 4320
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kudelski-security-to-present-on-automated-testing-of-crypto-software-at-black-hat-usa-2017-300488871.html
SOURCE Kudelski Security